Just installed Veeam Endpoint on a physical server and after rebooting the Veeam Endpoint Backup service fails to start. Checking the event logs we were getting the below:
Service cannot be started. Veeam.Backup.DBCreator.DatabaseException: Unable to connect to SQL Server.
Trying a repair install didn’t seem to work so hunting around some forums we found a quick fix that worked for us.
- Download PSTools, extract to C:\PSTools (or wherever suitable) – grab the tools here.
- Open a cmd prompt (make sure to run as administrator)
- Browse to the PSTools directory – e.g. cd C:\PSTools
- Type in – PsExec.exe -i -s cmd
- Hit ok on the user agreement if it pops up
- A new cmd prompt will appear, type in whoami to confirm it’s running as the nt authority\system account
- Type in – cd “C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Bin”
- Type in – SqlLocalDB.exe delete VeeamEndPoint
- You should see a message that says – LocalDB instance “VeeamEndpoint” deleted
- Now repair the Veeam Endpoint install (just re-run the setup) and you should be good to go!